Well, the past three to four weeks have been very, very busy. In October, I was sick forever it seems with allergies and the such. Then Rachel got sick, I took her to the doctor and of course they say, well wait it out. The same week I had to go on an overnight trip to Louisiana. Yeah, Rachel didn't get any better so Jim had to take her to the doctor again. They ended up having to take blood and do a chest x-ray. According to Jim, this was not fun at all. I guess to do the x-ray, they lowered her into this tube like thing onto a seat and the whole time, her arms had to be held above her head. Well then I guess they put the plate in somehow and Jim said the tech was having trouble getting it into place and he looks at Rachel and the plate is being shoved into Rachel's gums and upper lip. It is probably a good thing I was not there, or I could have been arrested when I got done with the tech. Anyway, turns out she had some sort of bacterial infection so they gave her an antibiotic and she was better within a couple of days.
Now, for the fun stuff. We took the kids to the Pumpkin patch the weekend before Halloween. Rachel had a good time just running around and touching all the pumpkins. The bigger kids got to do a wagon ride and a bouncy slide thing. When we left the pumpkin patch, we went to the Knights of Columbus pumpkin carving activity. Sarah and Derek both carved their pumpkins there. Then, that evening, our church had their annual Trunk or Treat for the kids so we got the kids dressed up in their costumes and went to that. It was a fun and busy day for us all.
Rachel got to do her first real trick-or-treating on Halloween night. Sarah was at her mom's. We went to our friends house and spent the evening with them and their kids. Their son was dressed as Jango Fett from Star Wars just like Derek. Their baby that is 9 months old was a ladybug. Rachel was Tinkerbell.
No comments:
Post a Comment