Well I am absolutely awful at trying to update this blog but I have added a couple of pictures below from our cruise. As far as news with what has been going on with us, there isn't too much to share. Things have been pretty quiet and mundane for the most part.
Rachel is walking everywhere and sometimes attempts to walk quickly or run which usually creates a fall but she is getting better every day. Sometimes when she falls, she attempts to get the pity reaction and will look and see if we are looking and what our reaction is. Then she decides whether she should cry or not. She is also getting good at mild temper tantrums but of course at this age, they are still kind of cute. If she is sitting, she will just bend her upper body forwards onto the floor and slap the floor with both hands. She also does this from a laying down position. Like I said, cute for now, but maybe not later. Jim and I got reminders of true parenthood the past two weekends. Labor Day weekend I guess she had some kind of bug and ended up getting sick all over her bed right after I laid her down for the night. Luckily Jim and I were still close by and heard her. Of course this required Jim and I doing a total bedding change, wiping down all pieces of bed and removing mattress and of course cleaning Rachel up. Her eyes were wide eyed and she wasn't sure what had just happened. We kept her up for a little while to make sure she was done (or so we thought). The next morning, when I went to get her out of bed, she had gotten sick again and this time had laid in it so it was all in her pajamas and hair. I had to wash her hair twice to get the smell out. Then that same week, she cut about 3 or 4 more teeth so last Friday we started with the really bad diapers. So bad that it created a yeast infection so that she screamed with every diaper change up until this past Wednesday. However, that too has subsided and everything seems to be back to normal.
Sarah and Derek seem to be enjoying being back in school as far as getting to see their friends. The homework is not so much fun for them but I guess they better get used to it. During their spare time at home, they either play video games, just play some made up game, or play outside on their bikes.
Now for a couple of pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment